Helix Bar Review, Inc.SM
Helix Bar Exam Course Drawing Official Rules
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. PARTICIPATION IN THE DRAWING IS SUBJECT TO THE DRAWING DETAILS AND TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES. Void where prohibited by law. Subject to all federal, state and local laws, regulations and ordinances. Opportunity to obtain entries for the Drawing begins at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time (“EDT”) on 10/01/2021 and ends at 11:59 p.m. EDT on 03/31/2022 (the “Drawing Entry Period”).
HELIX BAR REVIEW, INC., AN AFFILIATE OF ACCESSLEX INSTITUTE, IS THE SOLE SPONSOR OF THE DRAWINGS DESCRIBED HEREIN. NO OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, FACEBOOK, INC., INSTAGRAM, INC., OR TWITTER, INC. ACTS AS A SPONSOR, ENDORSER OR ADMINISTRATOR.
ODDS OF WINNING WILL DEPEND ON THE TOTAL NUMBER OF ENTRIES RECEIVED. TO CLAIM A PRIZE, WINNERS WILL BE REQUIRED TO COMPLY WITH ALL DRAWING REQUIREMENTS, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, EXECUTION OF AN AFFIDAVIT OF ELIGIBILITY AND OTHER DOCUMENTS AS MAY BE REQUIRED BY SPONSOR. PRIZES ARE NON-TRANSFERRABLE AND MAY NOT BE SOLD, SHARED OR ASSIGNED.
BY ENTERING THE DRAWING, YOU AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
- SPONSOR. Helix Bar Review, Inc.sm (“Sponsor”), a Delaware non-profit, non-stock corporation, 10 N. High Street, Suite 400, West Chester, PA 19380.
- ELIGIBILITY. The Helix Bar Exam Course Drawing (“Drawing”) is open to individuals who:
a. are U.S. citizens or lawful U.S. residents currently residing in the 50 United States, the District of Columbia or Puerto Rico, and who are at least 18 years old (19 years old in Alabama and Nebraska, and 21 years old in Mississippi) as of the date of entry;
b. are enrolled as second year (“2L”) law students at any U.S.-based law school;
d. complete at least 10% of the Sneak Peek by or before the end of the Drawing Entry Period.
The foregoing individuals are referred to herein as “Students” or “Entrants”. Employees, Officers and Directors of Sponsor and any affiliate thereof and members of their immediate families (defined for these Official Rules as spouses, parents, children, siblings, and each of their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) or individuals living in the same household (whether related or not) of any of the above are not eligible to win.
- HOW TO ENTER. Students will automatically receive one (1) entry into the Drawing upon registering for an account at the Website to obtain a copy of the Sneak Peak and completing at least ten percent (10%) of the Sneak Peek. Both the registration and access to the Sneak Peek are free.
- Limit one (1) entry per person. Any one individual may only register for one account.
Other entry requirements. Entries received from any person in excess of any stated limitations will be void. Any attempt by any Student to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple and/or different identities, forms, registrations, email addresses, logins, or any other methods will void that Student’s entries, and that Student may be disqualified at Sponsor’s discretion. Multiple students are not permitted to share the same email address or registration account. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the registrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the address used to register for the Drawing. Potential Winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder to the Sponsor or forfeit the Prize, as defined below. If you specify an invalid, non-working, or inactive email address when you register for an Activity or enter the Drawing, your entry will be disqualified, and you may be ineligible to win. You must complete all required information to be eligible to enter. Incomplete, corrupted, or untimely registrations are void and will be disqualified. Sponsor will not verify receipt of entries. Internet access, phone, and usage charges imposed by your online or phone service may apply.
- DRAWING DATES AND PRIZE AWARDS. One thousand (1,000) entries (each, a potential “Winner”) will be randomly drawn by Sponsor over the course of two (2) designated drawing dates (each, a “Drawing Date”) from among all eligible entries received during the applicable portion of the Drawing Entry Period.
a. The prize to be received by each Winner selected during either Drawing (“Prize”) will consist of Winner’s choice of free access to either: (a) one complete Helix Bar Review Multistate Bar Exam online preparation course (“Helix MBE”), usable in preparation for the July 2023 Bar Examination only (approximate retail value of $279 per course); or (b) one complete Helix Uniform Bar Exam online preparation course (“Helix UBE”), usable in preparation for the July 2023 Bar Examination only (approximate retail value of $1,199 per course). Access to the Helix MBE will open on or about Monday, January 2, 2023. Access to the Helix UBE will open on or about March 6, 2023.
ii. The Prize may not be used outside of the timelines specified above.
ii. “April Drawing”: A total of Five Hundred (500) Winners will be randomly drawn on April 1, 2022, from all eligible entries received.
d. If Sponsor receives fewer than 500 eligible entries at the time of either Drawing, Sponsor will forego that Drawing and award one Prize per person per eligible entry.
- WINNER NOTIFICATION. The potential Winners will be notified within one week after each Drawing Date by email or phone, and, except where legally prohibited, must execute and return an affidavit of eligibility (“Affidavit of Eligibility”) and any and all additional documentation required by Sponsor, in its sole discretion, by email within seven (7) calendar days of attempted notification. If a potential Winner cannot be contacted after the first attempt to contact the Winner, or if the Winner fails to sign and return the Affidavit of Eligibility or any other documentation that Sponsor may require within the required time period (if applicable), or in the event that a potential Winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the Prize to an alternate Winner selected by a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries for that Drawing. A maximum of three (3) alternate drawings will be held, after which any remaining Prizes will remain un-awarded.
A PRIZE “WINNER” IS A PERSON WHOSE ENTRY IS SELECTED DURING A DRAWING, WHOSE ENTRY WAS NOT SELECTED PREVIOUSLY IN THE SAME DRAWING OR A PREVIOUS DRAWING, AND WHO COMPLETES ALL DRAWING REQUIREMENTS, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, COMPLETION OF THE REQUIRED PORTION OF THE “SNEAK PEEK” HELIX BAR EXAM COURSE AND ALL SPONSOR-REQUIRED FORMS.
ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES, IF ANY, AND ALL COSTS OF USE OF OR ACCESS TO THE PRIZE ARE THE SOLE OBLIGATION OF WINNER. WINNER UNDRESTANDS AND AGREES THAT SPONSOR MAY ISSUE A FORM 1099-C FOR THE REASONABLE COST OF THE PRIZE, AS REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE LAW. Each Winner should consult appropriate tax advisers about any tax liability that may be associated with acceptance of the Prize. No assignment, transfer or substitution of any Prize is permitted by the Winner and the Prize may not be redeemed for cash; however, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any Prize for a different prize of equal or greater value, in its sole discretion.
- OFFICIAL RULES AND WINNERS LIST: for a copy of the Official Rules, visit HelixBarReview.org. Official Rules will be available until June 30, 2022. The full list of Winners will be posted on HelixBarReview.org. List of Winners will be available until December 31, 2022. For a copy of the list of Winners, send a separate self-addressed, stamped envelope to Helix Bar Review, Inc. c/o Strategic Engagement, Helix Drawing, 10 N. High Street, Suite 400, West Chester, PA 19380, by June 30, 2022.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS, PUBLICITY AND LIABILITY. By entering, entrants agree (a) that Sponsor and its affiliates, and all of their officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents (the “Drawing Entities”), are indemnified, released and will be held harmless by entrants from any and all liability, for any damages, injuries, or losses of any kind to person(s) arising directly or indirectly from the acceptance, possession, or use of a Prize, entrant accessing or using the Website, or entrant’s participation in the Drawing or any Drawing-related activity; and (b) that participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and to Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Drawing. Winners further grant (and agree to confirm such grant in writing promptly upon request) to Sponsor and those acting under Sponsor’s authority, the right to use Winner’s name, photograph, likeness, voice, image, statements, and biographical information at any time or times for advertising, trade, publicity, and promotional purposes in any media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide and on the World Wide Web, without review, notification, approval or additional compensation, unless prohibited by law.
Neither Sponsor nor Drawing Entities are responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, stolen, misdirected, or illegible entries; lost, interrupted, or unavailable network, server, or other connections, garbled transmissions or miscommunications, telephone transmission problems; computer or software malfunctions or damage to a user’s computer equipment (software or hardware); technical failures; or other errors or malfunctions of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, or otherwise. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of this provision.
ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS DRAWING OR PRIZE, OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE DRAWING MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW, AND, SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO PROSECUTE AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
If, for any reason, the Drawing is not capable of running as planned, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, void any suspect entries and (a) cancel or terminate the Drawing (or any portion thereof); (b) modify the Drawing or suspend the Drawing to address the impairment and then resume the Drawing in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; and/or (c) award the Prize at random from among the eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of the impairment.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AND RELEASES; PUBLICITY: BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS DRAWING, ENTRANT AGREES THAT DRAWING ENTITIES AND THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENT COMPANIES, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, REPRESENTATIVES, CONSULTANTS, CONTRACTORS, LEGAL COUNSEL, ADVERTISING, PUBLIC RELATIONS, PROMOTIONAL, FULFILLMENT AND MARKETING, WEBSITE PROVIDERS, WEB MASTERS, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES, AND AGENTS, FACEBOOK, INC., TWITTER, INC., AND INSTAGRAM, INC. (THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY ENTRANTS AGAINST, ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURIES, LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH, OR PROPERTY RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE, OR USE OF THE PRIZE, ENTRY, OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS DRAWING OR IN ANY DRAWING-RELATED ACTIVITY, OR ANY CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION OR INVASION OF PRIVACY, OR MERCHANDISE DELIVERY, AND ALL EXPENSES, FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES, INTEREST, PENALTIES AND COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ACCEPTANCE AND USE OF EACH PRIZE. THE RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE IF ANY PRIZE CANNOT BE AWARDED DUE TO CANCELLATIONS, DELAYS, OR INTERRUPTIONS DUE TO ACTS OF GOD, ACTS OF WAR, NATURAL DISASTERS, WEATHER OR TERRORISM. BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS DRAWING, ENTRANT AGREES THAT THE RELEASED PARTIES WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY INJURIES, DAMAGES, OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES TO PERSONS, INCLUDING DEATH, OR TO PROPERTY ARISING OUT OF ACCESS TO AND USE OF ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS DRAWING OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING OF MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM SUCH SITE.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS DRAWING, INCLUDING THE WEBSITE AND ALL PRIZES, IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY. CHECK LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
- DISPUTES. This Drawing is governed by the laws of the United States. By entering, entrants agree that all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of Sponsor in connection with the Drawing, will be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Delaware without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules, and any matters or proceedings shall take place in the State of Delaware.
BY ENTERING THE DRAWING, ENTRANT AGREES THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (1) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE DRAWING, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (2) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL THIRD-PARTY, OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED (IF ANY) NOT TO EXCEED FIFTY DOLLARS ($50.00), BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS’ FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; (3) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN ACTUAL OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES NOT TO EXCEED FIFTY DOLLARS (US$50.00), AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED; AND (4) ENTRANTS’ REMEDIES ARE LIMITED TO A CLAIM FOR MONEY DAMAGES (IF ANY) AND ENTRANT IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ANY RIGHT TO SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR EQUITABLE RELIEF.
- Copyright © 2021 AccessLex Institute® HELIX BAR REVIEWSM and other logos or trademarks herein are trademarks of AccessLex Institute®. All rights reserved.